I understand that buying something on the internet without seeing it in person can be daunting, although I make every effort to ensure that descriptions are as accurate as possible.
In the rare event that your order is sent incorrectly please contact me and I will correct it as soon as I can.
If you are unhappy with your purchase, or wish to change your mind, I will be happy to arrange a refund of the goods. Items should be returned to me undamaged and in the original packaging, fit for resale, within 14 days of original receipt. Unless agreed otherwise, cost of returns are the responsibility of the customer (including any customs costs if applicable).
Shipping and Delivery;
I aim to despatch all orders within three working days of receipt of payment, and aim to contact you in the event that there is likely to be any delay.
Customs /import fees;
Please note that buyers outside the United Kingdom are responsible for any import taxes etc
What Information I Collect:
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you add a note on the order or contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
• as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services; and 2) Compliance with Distance Selling Regulations
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties (for example Royal Mail or a payment provider) to perform functions and provide services to my shop, . I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services. The only service providers that I use are those involved in delivery, for which reason I need to share your name and address.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me:
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Tina Smith, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at [email protected]
In Summary, and in simple terms:
I only have access to your basic information such as name, address and e:mail address, for the purposes of fulfilling orders. I do not share this information with anyone other than for the reasons stated above.
My website business is conducted on a PC which is password protected, and I do not keep paper copies of orders.